The Small Business Administration (SBA) contacted the IRC on November 21 to alert us to a “hardship accommodation plan” for EIDL borrowers experiencing short-term financial challenges. Here's the information they shared:
Borrowers eligible for Hardship Accommodation may make reduced payments for six months. Interest will continue to accrue, which may increase (or create) a balloon payment due at the end of the loan term.
- Borrowers are required to pay at least 10% of their monthly payment amount (with a $25 minimum), for six months.
- During the Hardship Accommodation period, borrowers can voluntarily make larger payments.The regular monthly payment amount will resume and be required after the six-month Hardship Accommodation period ends.
- Borrowers may be able to renew the Hardship Accommodation Plan, if necessary.
Eligibility & Enrollment
- Borrowers are eligible to enroll in the Hardship Accommodation Plan beginning 60 calendar days before their first payment due date.
- If your loan amount is less than or equal to $200,000: To enroll in the Hardship Accommodation Plan, create a CAFS account or log in to your existing account. Within CAFS, hover over "Borrower" and select "Borrower Search." Select the appropriate loan number and request the Hardship Accommodation on the Loan Info page.
- If your loan amount exceeds $200,000: To apply, contact the COVID-19 EIDL Servicing Center at 833-853-5638 or [email protected] (and include “Hardship Accommodation Plan” in the subject line). You will be contacted by a loan specialist regarding requirements.
This plan is not a deferral.
The SBA provided a deferment period of 30 months from the date on the original Note for COVID-19 EIDL borrowers. This deferment does not apply to non-COVID business loans. This deferment extension is effective for all COVID-19 EIDL loans approved in calendar years 2020, 2021, and 2022. Interest will continue to accrue on the loans during deferment.
More detailed information about managing your EIDL may be found on the SBA's EIDL program page by following this link.
Do you like this page?